Volunteer Ambulance Officers :
- are often the first responders to the scene of medical emergencies in rural Tasmania.
- work alongside Ambulance Tasmania paramedics.
- provide patient care in accordance within approved Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- operate Ambulance Tasmania vehicles.
- complete Patient Care Records.
- hand over care to arriving ambulance paramedic crews or to medical staff at a receiving hospital.
Ambulance Tasmania is always looking for committed, caring people join our team of Volunteer Ambulance Officers, especially in rural communities.
If you would like to make a very real contribution to your community, and gain valuable skills that will stay with you for life, apply today. No experience is necessary - just a passion to help and a willingness to learn.
For more information, choose a topic from the menu on the left of this page or download an Information Sheet
To request an application kit:
- fill out the online form
- call 1300 303 196